Friday, May 1, 2020

Drowning in Sorrow

Drowning in Sorrow
 18 x 24 Oil on canvas
Simply stated, "Drowning in Sorrow" is my vision of an emotional loss.

For me, that concept spans sixty-plus years of life and is a reoccurring experience that I dread. Yet, it is a part of life that all of us must deal with in our years on this earth. It is a vision of the overwhelming plunge into dark sadness that we feel when an emotional shock rocks us with loss. It could be a break-up with a lover, a sad goodbye, the loss of a pet, a forced move from a place loved, an illness, a divorce, yet mostly, from the death of someone you love.

FYI: You may wonder why I use women in paintings that have emotional themes. The simple answer is, a women's beauty emotionally motivates me best. Many of my themes are universal, (this one is Sorrow,) so either way, a man or a woman can relate. In my realm, women reflect life's beauty, so as an artist, I pursue that beauty in my vision.

(I am still working on this painting, so you see it in its unfinished state.)

No comments:

Post a Comment